New version of the Beekeeper Model for Commercial Open Source
The first draft of the new Beekeeper Model for commercial open source is ready for feedback: click to download the PDF
The new version includes:
- Analogies for proprietary development (Maple Syrup Farm) and open source projects (Wild Hives) in addition to the commercial open source model.
- Introduction and analogy for Services/Support model (contributed by Matt Aslett at 451 Group)
- External references section.
- New overall flow.
I think it is a significant improvement over the original. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Update – Feedback so far :
- Doug Moran, Julian Hyde, Jem Matzen, thanks as always.
- Roberto Gallopini: http://robertogaloppini.net/2009/04/11/open-source-business-strategy-feedback-on-the-beekeeper-model-revisited/
- Tarus Balog, OpenNMS: http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=764